Black Tiger Prawns
The Black Tiger Prawns Klaas Puul supplies are farmed in Asia, in ponds laid out along the coast. This giant prawn can grow up to a length of 30 centimetres. We supply various types of Black Tiger, peeled or in the shell, with and without head.
- Scientific name: Penaeus monodon
- Origin: Bangladesh / India / Vietnam / Indonesia
- Flavour: slightly sweet, meaty
- Characteristics: hard, thick shell with dark stripes; orangey red after cooking
- Availability: farmed, all year round